Entry 8

  After learning Malaysian for almost a whole semester, it was my turn to teach my classmates the things, which I have learned, today. I was in charge of leading the Kahoot game and teaching the dialogic part. The Kahoot game was about Malaysian culture. It served as an intro to the teaching. There were questions regarding Malaysian food, Malaysian national flag, etc. All of my classmates were participating in the game enthusiastically. Three of the classmates answered many questions correctly and made into the top three. They were given a bag of snacks as presents. For the dialogic part, there were five dialogues in total for me to teach. The first one was "halo, saya_______。Selamat menemui anda/awak" meaning "hello, I am… . Nice to meet you,". The second one was about the preference of Malaysian food including teaching the Malaysian name of the food. The third one was about asking someone whether he or she has certain talent. The fourth one is about asking for directions including learning how to say going straight along, turning left and right. The last one is about asking and answering what you are doing. This enabled students to use the words they have learned in the former dialogues again. At this point, I must give thanks to my classmates for willing to reading after me and showing me so much support. As a brief conclusion of the lesson our group gave our classmates today, there were still so much room to improve. My groupmates and I will try harder to have a better time management next time. 
  I can not only learn from the learning experience today but can also learn from the teaching of other groups. For the first teaching group in the classroom, they teached us Cantonese. As a Hong Konger, it was really interesting to see others teaching my mother language. I truly appreciated their effort in learning Cantonese. I must say based on their pronunciation, I can see that they have paid countless effort in practising. It was also creative to think of a game that required the students to walk around and increased the interests of students in participating. For the second group, they teached us Spanish. Their teaching included some basic sentences and were easy to follow. In order to enable us to remember those sentences faster, they made up some interested situations to help us. For instance, a situation of a fat person having a drop of oil and being in need to take a rest was provided, this gave a helping hand to us to remember Adios in Spanish meaning goodbye in English. Besides, this group prepared a fun game which was similar to Monopoly for us to test the sentences we learned. It was quite exciting. The effort of this group was shown. 
  All in all, though the teaching of my group might not be perfect, this was a perfect and excellent experience for me to practise teaching others a foreign language. By having this experience and learning from other groups, hopefully, my groupmates and I can do better in the upcoming review activity.

留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

Entry 10

Entry 6

Entry 9