Entry 9

  Today, my groupmates and I held a review activity with my fellow classmates about the Malaysian words they learned last week. We started our lesson by reviewing those vocabularies first, including vocabularies for food, hobbies and places. By listening to them pronouncing those words, I can see that all of them were hard-working and attentive students. I truly appreciated that. After the quick review, I showed them a few pictures representing those vocabularies and asked them to point out that food, place or activity by saying its Malaysian name. Gladly, despite having a little bit difficulties recognizing the food, they all did a very good job. Through linking the vocabularies which they have learned to pictures, my groupmates and I hope that this method can help our classmates memorize the words easier. After that, we prepared an interesting game for them. In the game, one student from each group needed to look at the vobulary and draw it on the whiteboard. Their groupmates had to guess what the item is and told us their answer in Malaysian. The difficulty was increased step by step. At first, the person who drew were given one vocabulary. Then, he or she was given two vocabularies and their teammates had to guess the two volcabularies correctly. At last, the person was given the vocabularies of two types of food. It was a bit hard for the person to describe them by merely drawing pictures. Ending this fun game, we moved along to the next section, the revision of dialogues. For this part, since we have realized that we taught too many dialogues last week and it was quite unbearable, we minimized the number of the dialogues this week. We led them to read those dialogues twice, then we enabled them to practise with their teammates. We went to each group to listen to their practices and provided help. Though they faced some problems pronouncing the words, with our help, they managed to pronounce the words correctly at the end. After reviewing the dialogues, we revised the common phrases with them. Finally, we played a video about the famous buildings in Malaysia. We faced a technical problem with the speaker at that time. Therefore, we can only play the video while the sound of it was come out of the computer. Yet, it did not hinder the playing of the video that much. This marked the end of our group's teaching section. From this experience, I have been provided with the chance to feel how it is like to be a teacher. I figure that a teacher teaching in class for two to three hours might sounds easy, there are a lot of works and preparations required behind the curtain. Teacher also needs to be sensitive and considers the learning level of the students carefully in order to help the students learn in a most suitable and efficient way for them. I appreciate the hard work of being a teacher more than ever after having this experience. Besides, this experience will be a reminder for me if I ever have an opportunity to teach others in the future. 

留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

Entry 10

Entry 6