Entry 10

Here comes the end of this semester. My mind flashes back to every memory I had with this lesson, Introduction to Language Learning. I have always wondered what it would be like when it ends. I have imagined about knowing Malay so well that I would be able to talk to Malaysian using some simple dialogues. Of course, at this point of the semester, this goal is certainly achieved as one of my group's learning purpose is to learn the daily dialogues. Yet, I have learned so much more than merely about Malay. I have also learned how to be a teacher. The importance of a teacher and the teaching method were clearly shown to me in the process of I trying to be one and coming up with one respectively. Even though being a teacher is not easy, I still enjoyed teaching my classmates Malay. The process was fun. It felt really nice to pass on what I have learned and help my students. This experience is very valuable and can possibly be only once in a lifetime. I will always keep the memory of this experience in my mind to remind myself of the teaching skills I have learned in case I have to use them again. I would like to appreciate the skills  taught in this lesson as well. My teacher offered us so many ideas on how to teach others efficiently. For example, I have been acknowledged with a game called "jigsaw". My teacher enabled my classmates and I to play it. We have the chance to see the flow of this game and have a deeper feeling on whether we can use it as our teaching method. That's why my group members and I did not truly panic while we were deciding the teaching methods and games used for teaching Malay. Furthermore, I enjoyed every talk in this lesson. Every talk represented a new knowledge to me. Some might be related to my future career and some might be related to my personal growth. I have to give my most sincere thanks to all the speakers coming to the lesson and sharing their experience. Last but not least, I appreciate my group mates for all the hard work they have put into the teaching and reviewing weeks. Although we had less members than other groups did, my group mates and I tried our best to fill in the gaps. I enjoyed working with them and they were the role models of good teammates to be worked with. Without them, I could not have done the brainstorming of ideas and teaching on my own. To conclude, I am not sure whether I have the opportunity to take similar lessons regarding how to teach others a foreign language in the future. However, given that this lesson has offered me so much more than I imagined, I must say I have become more familiar with how to teach others now. I guess this is the end of my entries. I believe that everything I have learned today is a tool to be used tomorrow. 

留言

  1. Really enjoyed reading your blogs. Thank you for your hard work.
    Love,
    cc

    回覆刪除

張貼留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

Entry 6

Entry 9