Entry 4

    I have learned a few verbs in Malay this week, including “duduk” meaning “sit down”, “jual” meaning “sell”, “beli” meaning “buy”, “tolak” as “push” and “tarik” as “pull”. Since I was mostly learning nouns regarding food in the last week, I have especially looked up the verb for “eat” in Malay this week. It has turned out to be “makan”. Apart from that, I have learned to ask others about whether he or she wants to eat anything in Malay, which is “kamu makan apa?”. I feel more and more confident in learning Malay now because I can find different bits of help. It enables me to learn faster. Here is an interesting fact. Whenever I see Malaysian food or Malaysian nowadays, I think of the vocabularies or greetings sentences I have learned. It feels so good that the things I have learned can be connected and related to my daily life. Also, I am surprised that the result of this learning activity is becoming more and more prospering and positive. Honestly speaking, it is nearly midterm season so my attraction has been slightly distracted and diverted to doing revision. Besides, I have not been feeling well this week. I have caught a cold since this Tuesday so I have taken some medicine which has made me feel sleepy. Therefore, I have not learned as much as I did in the past few weeks. My learning process is less efficient than the one in the last week. I feel awfully bad about that. However, I have put as much effort as I can this week for learning the verbs. I hope I can remember them clearly. Other than that, I will try harder to put back more focus on the upcoming learning goals in the following weeks. 
Other than learning Malay with my groupmates, we need to decide a method to teach our classmates Malay in the final three weeks of this course. We did not have many ideas in the past few weeks. We are a little bit frustrated. Yet, in the previous week of our lessons, we have been informed with a large variety of games which can be used to teach others a language. For examples, role play, describing and identifying the missing information on pictures, finding the differences by asking other classmates a bunch of yes or no questions, etc. Undoubtedly, these are expected to be played in the language which the learners are expecting to learn. Our group have found it very inspiring so we have begun to consider how we can combine it with the Malay words we wish to teach others. Though we still do not have many concrete details about the game we are considering to develop, we have already had a rough idea about it. We are thinking about developing a game for other classmates to learn Malay while asking and answering some questions. Those questions will be related to the vocabularies our group have managed to learn in this semester like naming a family member in Malay. It might sound vague right now but I believe our group members working as a team will be able to develop the game successfully.


留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

Entry 10

Entry 6

Entry 9